9 Questions You Should Ask on Your Informational Interview
It is important to prepare for your informational interview. Spend some time researching trends in the industry so you have talking points to discuss with them. This is your chance to ask questions about the company and the industry, so write up a list of things you want to know. When the big day arrives, don’t hold back. Explain your personal interest in this type of job and your experience and then ease into asking questions. Here are 9 questions to get you started:
- What are some of the trends in this field?
- What are some of the challenges?
- What does a typical day on the job consist of?
- What do you like best and least about what you do?
- What qualifications and experience does someone need to have in order to get a job and succeed in this field?
- What is an entry-level position in this field?
- What are best places to look for jobs in this industry?
- How did you get started?
- Do you know anyone else who would be beneficial for me to talk to?
HallieCrawford.com was founded by certified career coach, speaker and author Hallie Crawford. Since 2002, the company’s team of certified career coaches have helped thousands of job seekers worldwide identify their ideal career path, navigate their career transition and achieve their career goals. Schedule a free consult with https://halliecrawford.com today to learn more about our services.