Food for Thought: Brainstorming Your Ideal Career
Take some time to think about/write down your responses to the below questions. The purpose of this exercise is to let go of the pressure, realize that the answers lie within you… and the future can be anything you want it to be. With this brainstorm, we will attempt to figure out what that future is. Have fun and let the ideas flow.
1. What's the one thing that drives you to get out of bed each morning and face a new day?
2. Recall your proudest moments in life. What were you doing when these took place? What gifts or talents of yours manifested themselves at such moments?
3. If you had a secret superpower, what would it be?
4. What's your daydream of The Perfect Job for you? What are you doing, exactly? Which tasks do you take care of yourself, as opposed to the things that other people will handle?
5. Is there someone in life who you admire, look up to, or even envy because you wish you had the life/career/experiences they have? What do they do and what part of that do you find attractive?
6. Which parts of your current job do you dislike, and why? What would you want to have instead?
Congratulations! You just took one necessary step in creating a life and career that fulfills your wildest dreams. If you enjoyed exploring the ideas in this Career Seekers Brainstorm and would like to learn how to "bring those dreams back down to earth" and turn them into practical steps for a great future career, schedule your first coaching session with me, Hallie Crawford, today.
All the best for a rewarding and fulfilling career doing what you love!
Have a great week!
Career Path Coach