Recommended book: Get the job you want
I was unable to attend this webinar but very intrigued by the principles in his book. I’d highly recommend it for your career search: Get The Job You Want, Even When No One’s Hiring.
Today’s job market is the toughest since the Great Depression, and many of the challenges are here to stay. Even so, you CAN get the job you want IF you apply fresh approaches to the search. “Get The Job You Want, Even When No One’s Hiring” is a powerful seminar based on Ford Myers’ best-selling book of the same name. Attendees will learn:
- How to land a good job in the midst of an economic crisis
- How to address the realities of this job market with real-world, actionable steps
- How to see this economic downturn as a positive career opportunity
- How to seize on job opportunities that aren’t posted yet
- How to make yourself an instant asset to potential employers
- How to clearly stand-out as the best candidate
- How to “recession-proof” your career for the long term
There is no magic bullet for your career search. It takes time, commitment, persistence, and focusing your time on the areas that pay off the most – networking, networking and networking. I find the people who succeed at their job search are the ones who have a specific plan that they implement every single day and week. They stick to it and they are consistent in their networking efforts. They continuously follow up with the people who can help them the most.
I attended a seminar years ago where the speaker described a colleague who built his business on 10 critical networking contacts. Who are your best networking connections? Write them down and prioritize them. Then develop a strategy to stay in touch with them on a regular basis.
P.S. If you would like more help with your job search and networking, be sure to check out our Free Resources Page today!